Thursday, June 7, 2007

24 hrs of HELL!

Well, I'm regressing in my old age... our team, MTB-LIFE decided to start doing some endurance racing this year. So Nate and the guys talked me into going out and punishing myself to do the 24 hrs of Boyne over the Memorial weekend.

It was probably one of the hardest races physically that I've done in a long long time. Mind you I've been mainly concentrating on Downhill racing for many years and that I haven't raced XC in over 10+ years.
The course was roughly 10 mile laps with about 980ft of climbing per lap. It started to rain on us at about 1:20am Sunday morning. I ended up pulling my hamstring muscle and had extreme back spasms.... but we prevailed and ended up winning the race. It wasn't without a lot of hard work. Thanks to our newcomer on the team, Justin, who tore up each burning lap. We all tore up each lap for that matter.
We ended up beating the second place U of M team by 1 whole lap (approx. 10 miles).

Thanks to our bike sponsor SOUL CYCLES for providing our bikes and giving us support. Thanks to Meagan and Kristine for being our support and tech team. :-)

We plan on punishing ourselves more this year. Yippee.

No comments: