Friday, August 22, 2008

Doing the Solo thing....

Since our team is sitting in first place overall for the Michigan Endurance Series we decided to all race the Pando event solo. We figured this race was going to be done as a "fun" event...no pressure. Yeah right.

Well, I was excited because I was able to bring Arlene and the girls out for this one. Being that the race venue is only a couple hour drive from our house I felt it was the perfect race for them to come out and see daddy punish himself, lol.

As we rolled up to the Pando Ski area I was vaugely reminded of last years race. As I started to actually race I was then clearly reminded why I hated doing this race in the first place. For the most part it's a pretty unassuming course. 4.3 miles per lap and a lot of that is actually climbing. It basically equals that of the Boyne course elevation (which I also hate).

But we move on and do what we need to do to win/finish the race. At the end of the day I feel the whole team did a great job in each of the respected classes. I ended up taking a 3rd place with 14 laps. So I did roughly 55-60 miles in 6 hours. I know I could've done better but I always seem to get that dreaded cramping right around the 45-50 mile mark. This is something I need to address and work on somehow. Not sure how but I need to adjust something either in my fluid/food intake or riding style. hmmm.

I should have pictures up soon...

No comments: